The Voice for Career Education
The Minnesota Career College Association (MCCA) continues to be the voice of career-focused education in Minnesota since 1958, representing private institutions of higher learning delivering career specific education accredited by agencies recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Representing 38 campuses and 16 college systems across the state of Minnesota, member institutions, in the fall of 2010, served over 26,000 students.
Member institutions offer programs from the certificate/diploma level through graduate degrees.
Program offerings include career focused training coupled with general education courses to provide students with job-related skills as well as communication, critical thinking, problem solving and other soft skills coveted in today’s job market.
About our students
- 68% are full-time students
- 20% are students of color
- 65% are women
- 56% are over the age of 25 years
- Non-traditional adult students – Most likely attended other colleges and transferred credits to the MCCA college.
- Employers – Actively involved in “Program Advisory Committees” to ensure that our graduates possess the skills needed for employment.
- The Community – We are active participants in the local chamber of commerce, Rotary and other service organizations and join in community service projects.
- The State of Minnesota – We partner with other sectors of higher education on task forces and study groups to improve the education delivered to the students.
The Minnesota Career College Association is a volunteer organization made up of professionals from member schools and colleges. The purpose is to support member schools, their students and to improve the quality of life to all involved in education and its intrinsic value.
Membership is open to all schools and colleges licensed by OHE or associate memberships are offered to related parties. If you are interested in joining the association please see our contact information at the bottom of each
page and call, write or send an e-mail.